Digital Humanities – Digital Scholarship Special Interest Group
Sponsored by: Knowledge Management Section
Digital Humanities (DH) / Digital Scholarship (DS) is a key theme and professional focus identified in the 2013 IFLA Trend report, and is relevant to IFLA's mission.
The IFLA Knowledge Management Section believes that there are diverse aspects, multi-dimensional and interdisciplinary interests of DH/DS that need be explored by IFLA's broader communities in the coming
years. This includes, but is not limited to:
- DH/DS scope, context and relevance in multi-sector library and information services organization missions;
- Librarian and information professional's role in partnering, participating, supporting and facilitating DH/DS endeavors;
- The applications, tools and methodologies of DH/DS from both scholar's and library/information service organization's perspectives;
- DH/DS related digital repository, metadata, discovery, presentation, publishing and preservation;
- DH/DS related space design, technology infrastructure, and staffing model;
- DH/DS related core competencies, workforce development, knowledge skills building and training;
- DH/DS funding, partnership model and sustainability;
- The global DH/DS best practices.
Dernière mise à jour: 2 Février 2018