2020 IFLA International News Media Conference
Capture and Preservation of Born Digital News Media
5 – 6 Mars 2020
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico City, Mexico
Libraries and cultural heritage institutions have been leaders in preserving news media content, including newspapers, news websites, radio and television news.
The 2020 IFLA International News Media Conference will explore how institutions are addressing the challenges of capturing and preserving born digital news media, preserving and building access to physical news media content, and of opening all these materials for digital access to researchers. Proposals for papers should address the main theme and related topics, including but not limited to:
- Preservation of audio-visual and multimedia news
- Copyright issues related to news media preservation and access
- Digital archives for audio-visual news media
- Role of the librarian, archivist, and professional in curating news media collections
- Preservation strategies for newspapers, news websites, and radio and television news
- Preparation of news media content for access
- Use of news media materials by researchers
- Web archiving of digital news sites
Other proposals relevant to the main conference theme will also be considered.
Deadline to submit proposal abstracts: 03 January 2020.
Full details on the Conference website
Dernière mise à jour: 27 novembre 2019