About the National Information and Library Policy Special Interest Group
National Information and Library Policy SIG Mission
- Add value to the IFLA units by sharing a set of practical solutions on establishing library and information policies at national level.
- Provide a wide variety of opportunities for IFLA members to exchange knowledge and practices regarding improving library and information policies.
- Facilitate and stimulate collaborations with discussions among people, organizations, cultures and subject areas.
Scope of the National Information and Library Policy SIG Activities
- Studying the structure and implementation process of library and information policies from the perspectives of various stakeholders including the role of governmental organizations or etc.
- Collaboratively seeking endeavors on solutions to the issues of policy making process in the context of rapidly changing and unsettled ICT environments.
- Sharing lessons learned from national policy initiatives in diverse sociates economies, cultures.
- Discussing a framework or model for library and information policies.
Last update: 28 November 2018