Content tagged Code of Ethics
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Strengthening Professional Conduct and Ethics among LIS Professionals in Sri Lanka: An IFLA/BSLA Workshop by the Sri Lanka Library Association (SLLA)
On 16 February 2017, an IFLA/BSLA workshop took place at the Uva Provincial Library Services Board (UPLSB) in Badulla, Sri Lanka. It was organized by the Sri Lanka Library Association (SLLA)...
News - 7 September 2017
- Different Paths, Same Principles – Discussing Library Codes of Ethics
The work of libraries in providing access to knowledge is not a simple one. As well as much discussed constraints linked to levels of funding, staffing and copyright laws, librarians and library...
News - 23 December 2016
Tags: Access to information, Code of Ethics, Croatia, Freedom of expression, Ireland, Professional ethics, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- IFLA Code of Ethics for Librarians and other Information Workers (full version)
Contents Preamble Access to information Responsibilities towards individuals and society Privacy, secrecy and transparency...
Publication - 27 December 2012
- IFLA Code of Ethics for Librarians and other Information Workers (short version)
Preamble This Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct is offered as a series of ethical propositions for the guidance of individual librarians as well as other information workers, and for...
Publication - 12 October 2012
- The Ethics of Librarianship: An International Survey
This book brings together papers on professional ethics for library and information services from 17 countries—from Argentina to Uganda—approaching professional concerns and responses...
Publication - 28 March 2011