Content tagged Literacy and reading
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- General Meeting of the Global Alliance for Literacy within the Context of Life-Long Learning
The General Meeting of the Global Alliance for Literacy, a UNESCO initiative coordinated by the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning, brings together representatives of 29 countries which have...
Event - 9 September 2019
- For Everyone, Everywhere, at Every Age: Libraries and Adult Literacy
To mark International Literacy Day 2019, IFLA has released a new article focusing on the role of libraries around the world in promoting youth and adult literacy, in particular in those...
Publication - 9 September 2019
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, Becomes World Book Capital
The title of World Book Capital has passed from Athens, Greece, to Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón and Secretary-General Gerald...
News - 23 April 2019
- Books for Better Societies: Call for World Book Capital 2021 Candidates Open
UNESCO has opened the call for candidates for the city which will be World Book Capital (WBC) for a year from 23 April 2021. IFLA encourages cities which are realising the potential...
News - 4 January 2019
- Call for applications: World Book Capital 2019
UNESCO, IFLA, and IPA have opened the call for nominations for the World Book Capital 2019. Each year, UNESCO and the international organizations representing the three major...
News - 15 September 2016
- UNESCO announces Athens as World Book Capital 2018
Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO, has named Athens as World Book Capital for 2018 on the recommendation of the programme’s Advisory Committee. Paris, 14...
News - 14 September 2016