Honorary Fellow is IFLA's highest award, and is conferred on the basis of merit on a person who has delivered long and distinguished service to IFLA. It may not necessarily be awarded every year.
The Governing Board may confer Honorary Fellowship on a person who has delivered long and distinguished service to IFLA.
Nominations for Honorary Fellow shall be submitted to the Secretary General on the prescribed form by the date determined.
Nominations for Honorary Fellow shall be required to have at least three nominators who are current IFLA Members.
Nominations shall include evidence to support any claims of the nominee's long and distinguished service to IFLA.
Nominations shall be accompanied by at least two written referee reports. Referees should not also be nominators, and at least one referee should be an IFLA Member.
Referees shall address the nominee's suitability for the award, in relation to the criteria, and may provide further information relevant to the award if desired.
In making its decision on whether a nominee has delivered a long and distinguished service to IFLA, the Executive Committee shall examine only the evidence provided to it through the nomination. To assist in making its decision the Executive Committee may refer a nomination back to the nominators for further information or clarification.
Before determining whether a member has delivered a long and distinguished service to IFLA, the Executive Committee shall consider any evidence it considers appropriate, including, but not necessarily limited to:
- Length of service to IFLA;
- Types of service to IFLA;
- Outstanding achievements within that service to IFLA; and
- Service that has brought distinction to IFLA in the international arena.
- Deborah Jacobs, 2019
- Donna Scheeder, 2019
- Sinikka Sipilä, 2018
- Jennefer Nicholson, 2016
- Ingrid Parent, 2015
- Alex Byrne, 2014
- Winston Tabb, 2012
- Ellen Tise, 2012
- Claudia Lux, 2010
- Klaus G. Saur, 2009
- Kay Raseroka, 2007
- Marta Terry, 2006 († 2018)
- Ross Shimmon, 2005
- Christine Deschamps, 2003
- Marianne Scott, 2003
- Warren Horton, 1999 († 2003)
- Russell Bowden, 1995 († 2016)
- Marcelle Beaudiquez, 1993 († 2019)
- Wim R.H. Koops, 1989
- Henriette D. Avram, 1987 († 2006)
- Margreet Wijnstroom, 1987 († 2018)
- Günther Pflug, 1981 († 2008)
- Harry C. Campbell, 1979 († 2009)
- Robert Vosper, 1977 († 1994)
- Joachim Wieder, 1977 († 1992)
- Ms Margarita Rudominó, 1973 († 1990)
- Leendert Brummel, 1965 († 1976)
- Arthur C. Breycha-Vauthier, 1964 († 1986)
- Julien Cain, 1964 († 1974)
- Tietse Pieter Sevensma, 1958 († 1965)
- Herbert Maurice Cashmore, 1952 († 1972)
- Aleksander Ludwik Birkenmajer, 1947 († 1967)
- Cardinal Eugene Tisserant, 1936 († 1972)
† = Deceased
Last update: 19 December 2019