3 March 2010
Academic and Research Libraries Section Essay Contest
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH LIBRARIAN’S OPPORTUNITY
APPLY FOR FREE REGISTRATION/BURSARY
The Academic and Research Libraries Section is offering THREE (3) free Registrations/Bursaries equivalent in the amount of € 400 each to an information professional from Africa, Latin America and the Asia/Pacific region to cover the registration/bursary expenses at the 2010 IFLA Conference, to be held in Gothenburg, Sweden, 10-15 August 2010. The conference theme is: “Open access to knowledge - promoting sustainable progress"
One free registration for a librarian from Africa,
One free registration for a librarian from Latin America, and
One free registration for a librarian from the Asia/Pacific region
Applicants must be able to attend the conference and will be responsible for all other costs associated with conference attendance.
The Essay Contest only covers the expense of registration to the conference!
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- Applicants must realize and declare they are able to fund any other costs not covered by the registration grant allocated to them.
- All other expenses for hotel and travel are NOT covered by the Registration/Bursary.
- The winners of the essay contest will cover their expenses to register to attend the 2010 IFLA World Conference in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Prepare a written statement, in English or Spanish, of approximately 500 words.
- Please place your complete contact information on a separate page.
- Describe your general current and future interests and activities and specifics on why attending IFLA would benefit you.
Your essay must be received by April 5, 2010.
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Recipients will write a brief article (approximately 500 words) for publication in the December 2010 issue of the Academic and Research Libraries Newsletter on their conference experience.
- All applicants will receive notification of award status no later than May 1, 2010.
- All essays will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Please send your essay with your address, telephone number, and email address no later than Monday, April 10, 2010 to Awilda Reyes:
Via attachment in email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Via facsimile – Attn: Awilda Reyes – 610-436-2251
Attn: Awilda Reyes
FH Green Library
25 Rosedale Avenue
West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383,
Please be sure to include your return address or other contact information
This Essay Contest is sponsored by IFLA Academic and Research Libraries Section.
Andrew McDonald, Chair; Awilda Reyes, Secretary; with support from the Governing Board, IFLA
We humbly request your support to encourage applicants to respond by forwarding the information to other list managers, colleagues, or other associations.
Any translation of this request is also appreciated, particularly for the Asia/Pacific region, Africa and Latin America.