Featured SC Member
Featuring M&M Member Steffen Wawra!
- Director at Passau University Library,
- Member of the board of management of German University Libraries in the German Library Association,
- Chairman of the German speaking Serials Interest Group (GeSIG),
- Lecturer at the Bavarian Library School in the fields of Change Management and Leadership and Management,
- Experiences from leading positions in libraries and scientific information centres.
- Received a bachelor from the Humboldt University of Berlin (Philosophy and Library and Information Science).
Why did I join the Management and Marketing Section?
Because IFLA has a worldwide impact. IFLA is perhaps one of the more privileged international organizations as topics with which librarians work is, by definition, international. Current issues, such as the changing role of libraries and librarians, are complex and interwoven and require global solutions. IFLA offers me the opportunity to link up to IFLA's worldwide network of library and information professionals, to share my views, concerns and expertise with other LIS professionals and organizations working in the field and, in turn, learn from their experiences.
What is like to be the secretary of M&M Section?
It`s a great pleasure for me to assist the IFLA community and the Standing Committee Members, facilitating correspondence, admit new members and organize official meetings with efficiency. The Secretary of M&M Section also has a Human Relations function – to bring together the community!
Last update: 5 October 2012