Development and Access to Information (DA2I) Report 2019
The Development and Access to Information (DA2I) Report 2019 is the second issue of a series of reports, led by the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) in partnership with the Technology and Social Change Group, University of Washington (TASCHA), that monitor the progress countries are making towards fulfilling their commitment to promote meaningful access to information (A2I) as part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
In response to governments’ commitment to promote meaningful access to information (A2I) as part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the report provides a range of indicators of how well countries are performing. Looking at four different pillars of access – connectivity, social and cultural norms, skills and laws – it gives insights into the different dimensions of meaningful access to information.
Drawing on the rich experience of IFLA, it also includes a particular focus on libraries, sharing evaluated case-studies of how they promote more socially and economically inclusive societies.
Finally, each DA2I report has a focus on the SDGs selected for review at the HLPF in the year of publication. The 2019 edition features thematic chapters by guest authors on how access to information promotes the achievement of each of the following SDGs: Quality Education (SDG 4), Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG 8), Reduced Inequalities (SDG 10), Climate Action (SDG 13), and Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions (SDG 16).
- English [PDF]
- Español (Spanish) [PDF]
- Français (French) [PDF]
- Deutsch (German) [PDF]
- Русский (Russian) [PDF]
- 中文 (Chinese) [PDF]
- العربية (Arabic) [PDF]
How to use the Development and Access to Information Report 2019 [PDF]
Check the DA2I website's "Resources" page for postcards, images and more!
Use the DA2I to help you promote the role of libraries in development in your country:
- Share the DA2I in your blogs, websites, newsletters, and in social media using the #Lib4Dev and #DA2I hastags!
- Use it as a basis for discussion within your association – what does development and access to information mean for you, your members, and library users in your country
- Look at your country statistics on the measures of access to information
- Translate the Executive Summary into your language (translations to all official IFLA languages are now in progress, contact us to get the template to facilitate translation to other languages)
- Present copies or send the link when you are meeting with relevant ministers or senior officials
- Download and learn more about the DA2I: DA2I.ifla.org
Ask us any questions! Contact IFLA at: DA2I@ifla.org
Last update: 16 April 2021