Content tagged Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Progress on Exceptions and Limitations to Copyright in Latin America and the Caribbean
The third and final WIPO regional seminar on exceptions and limitations took place in Santo Domingo on 4-5 July. It looked into the copyright rules that define whether libraries, archives,...
News - 15 July 2019
- A Solid Start: Asia-Pacific Government Representatives Stress Need for International Action for Libraries at Singapore Workshop
The first of three WIPO regional workshops focusing on the copyright needs of libraries, as well as archives, museums, education and research, took place in Singapore on 29-30 April. The...
News - 1 May 2019
- Copyright in the Asia-Pacific Region: the Right Rules for Libraries?
The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) is organising three regional seminars to understand how far copyright rules meet the needs of libraries around the world. The first one starts...
News - 27 April 2019
- A Unique Role - A Real Need: Libraries, Archives, Museums and Exceptions to Copyright
Through two events at the World Intellectual Property Organisation, IFLA helped explore the indispensable – and undisputed – role of exceptions and limitations in achieving the public...
News - 2 April 2019
- European copyright reform: resources
The first major reform of Europe's copyright system in almost 20 years aims to update the law for the digital age. In addition to affecting libraries and library users across Europe, it also...
Publication - 20 December 2018
Tags: Access to information, Advocacy, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Digital Humanities, Digital preservation, Digitisation, E-Learning, eBooks, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Europe, licensing, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters), Publications
- WIPO Broadcasting Treaty - IFLA Briefing
The World Intellectual Property Organisaiton is currently negotiating a draft treaty on broadcasting. This would give greater rights to broadcasters to protect their signals, in response...
Publication - 3 October 2018
- Creative Commons Update: IFLA WLIC 2018
With a shared commitment to acces to knowlede, the Creative Commons movement already includes many librarians. The IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2018 provided an...
Publication - 29 August 2018
- IFLA advocates globally for a better legal framework for libraries at the 34th Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR)
Through the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR), the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) offers a platform for discussion among Member States and NGOs at a global...
News - 9 May 2017
Tags: Advocacy, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Reunión Presidencial IFLA 2013
Nuestro Futuros Digital 6 y 7 de marzo de 2013 • Auditorio Index MUAC • Ciudad Universitaria, México D.F. Las bibliotecas sirven a todos sin se...
News - 29 November 2012
- 2013 IFLA Presidential Meeting / Reunión Presidencial IFLA 2013
Our Digital Futures March 6 - 7, 2013 Auditorium Index MUAC (Museo Universitario de Arte Contemporaneo) University City, Mexico City, Mexico...
News - 28 November 2012