Content tagged Workshop
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Open Session of the Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries
The Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries (DC-PAL) within the Internet Governance Forum brings together representatives from the library sector, NGOs and technical experts committed to...
Event - 16 November 2019
- OPEN ACCESS TO LEGAL KNOWLEDGE - WORKSHOP IN INDIA
The workshop provides an opportunity to develop professional skills, share knowledge and practices, discuss practical issues, and increase regional capacity and leadership amongst law librarians....
Event - 15 October 2019
- Training Course: Practical Methods for the Scientific Examination of Library Objects
The IFLA PAC Centre at the Qatar National Library, in cooperation with the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik and the Beit Gazo Center in Jounieh, Lebanon is organising a four-day...
Event - 8 October 2019
- Workshop: Advanced Imaging Techniques and Microfading tests for Heritage Objects
IFLA PAC Regional Centre for Arabic Countries and the Middle East at Qatar National Library is organising two workshops on Advancing Imaging Techniques and Microfading Tests for Heritage Objects...
Event - 11 June 2019
- How to start digitising on a Shoestring
In a time when technological digital developments change rapidly, it is essential to have a platform where we can exchange knowledge and ideas. 2and3D Photography provides this platform and...
Event - 6 May 2019
- Public Librarians’ Training in Kenya
Twenty public librarians selected to be trainers within the Kenya National Library Service (knls) network will attend a two-day workshop on community needs assessment and library service...
Event - 23 November 2018
- Regional Workshop on the Implementation of the Marrakesh Treaty
In terms of the number of ratifications, the Marrakesh Treaty is a major success, promising new possibilities for people with print disabilities to access information. A sub-regional workshop in...
Event - 8 November 2018
Tags: Access to information, Copyright exceptions and limitations, Latin America and the Caribbean, Libraries serving persons with print disabilities, Marrakesh Treaty, Print disabilities, Workshop, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Qatar National Library and UNESCO: Practical Methods for the Scientific Examination of Library Objects
Within the framework of the agreement signed between Qatar National Library and UNESCO, “Supporting Documentary Heritage Preservation in the Arab Region,” and in cooperation...
Event - 25 October 2018
- Atelier pour les professionnels de la documentation juridique d’Afrique francophone
Un atelier pour les professionnels de la documentation juridique d’Afrique francophone (conservateurs, bibliothécaires, documentalistes) est organisé par la section des...
Event - 11 October 2018
- IFLA MCULTP Session at IFLA WLIC 2018
Start time: 13:45 End time: 15:45 Chair: Lan Gao, United States This participative session will include one hour of talks by our five speakers, followed by round-table...
Event - 8 August 2018
- IFLA International Advocacy Programme (IAP) Global Convening
IFLA will hold a Global Convening of its International Advocacy Programme (IAP) in New York on 28-29 June 2018. After six regional workshops and nearly two years of hard work in...
Event - 13 June 2018
- Working meeting with IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón at the All-Russia State Library for Foreign Literature
The All-Russia State Library for Foreign Literature will be holding a working meeting with IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón on 20 April 2018. The...
Event - 28 March 2018
- Palm Leaf Manuscript workshop
IFLA is hosting a workshop to discuss and scope the needs for metadata standards in palm leaf manuscript preservation. The workshop will take place at the National Library Board of Sri Lanka and...
Event - 28 June 2017
- Palm leaf preservation workshop
Based on input from IFLA members in the south and south-east Asia region, IFLA decided to address the problems encountered by libraries and holders of palm leaf manuscript collections throughout...
Event - 8 June 2017
- The UNESCO PERSIST Content and Best Practice working group mandate scoping workshop
The UNESCO PERSIST Project, an initiative founded to implement parts of the UNESCO/UBC Vancouver Declaration to ensure the long-term, sustainable access and survival of digital heritage...
Event - 3 February 2017
- MENA Regional Workshop of the International Advocacy Programme (IAP)
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Regional Workshop of IFLA’s International Advocacy Programme (IAP) will be held in Doha, Qatar, on 13-15 March 2017...
Event - 30 January 2017
- Caribbean Regional Workshop of the International Advocacy Programme (IAP)
The Caribbean Regional Workshop of IFLA’s International Advocacy Programme (IAP) will be held in Montego Bay, Jamaica, on 16-18 February 2017. Representatives...
Event - 30 January 2017
- Digitisation & Digital Preservation Workshop
The News Media Section of IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions) in partnership with the IFLA Preservation and Conservation Regional Centre for Southern Africa...
Event - 20 January 2017
- WLIC 2017 session: Multicultural Library Guideline and Toolkit - Cases Studies and Illustrations from a Global Perspective
In 2015 this Section published an IFLA/Manifesto – Implementation Kit based on the IFLA/UNESCO Multicultural Library Manifesto. The session will start with a workshop about the Toolkit and...
Event - 16 November 2016
- Workshop for Law Librarians in Africa
A workshop for law librarians in Anglophone Africa organized by the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) Law Libraries Section, in cooperation with the International Association...
Event - 10 October 2016
- Off-site Session in Columbus: Worth a Thousand Words: A Global Perspective on Image Description, Discovery, and Access
The final program is now available for a one-day, off-site workshop in Columbus: Worth a Thousand Words: A Global Perspective on Image Description, Discovery, and Access. The workshop...
Event - 6 June 2016
- BSLA Workshop in Panama
Workshop purpose: To encourage the active participation of Latin American libraries associations across the BSLA programme in Spanish and English, to achieve strengthened partnerships and...
Event - 5 February 2016
- Bobcatsss 2016: Workshop of the Project Data curator
For more information see the link:http://bobcatsss2016.com/program/schedule/thursday-28/
Event - 18 January 2016
- Workshop AV Collections for Non-Specialist Librarians
An IFLA Audiovisual and Multimedia Section workshop Location This all day session will be held offsite at Waterfront Film Studios.1 Port Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001...
Event - 30 June 2015
- ENSULIB Offsite meeting at WLIC 2014 in Lyon
The session moderator will introduce different levels where green actions can take place. The main part of the workshop will consist in collecting ideas, best practices and results of studies from...
Event - 13 June 2014
- Twelfth session of the Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals
One of the main outcomes of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20), held in Rio de Janeiro in June 2012, was the agreement by Member States to launch a process to...
Event - 1 June 2014
- Atélier: GÉRER VOS COLLECTIONS AUDIOVISUELLES. TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEVEZ SAVOIR
Objectif L’atelier présente une introduction à la gestion et la préservation des collections audiovisuelles. Les participants apprendront les bases de traitement des...
Event - 28 May 2014
- AV PrestoCentre Preservathon: Preservation Storage Solutions
There is no such thing as ‘everlasting’ data storage. Digital preservation requires the indefinite, error free storage of information, together with the means for its retrieval and...
Event - 15 May 2014
- Call for Papers: Sound and (moving) images in focus
See: conference website The issue that will be addressed during this workshop is how to overcome the contrast between audiovisual material being a steadily increasing body of data...
Event - 8 April 2014
- IFLA MLAS / FESABID Access to information advocacy workshop
coinciding with MLAS mid term meeting On 13 March 2014, IFLA’s Management of Library Associations Section (MLAS) and the Federación Española de Sociedades de Archiv...
Event - 14 February 2014
- BSLA Asia and Oceania Convening in Jakarta, Indonesia
The National Library of Indonesia will host the Asia and Oceania convening from 4-7 March 2014 in Jakarta, Indonesia. IFLA invites library associations in the Asia and Oceania region to apply...
Event - 24 January 2014
- BSLA Africa Convening in Kumasi, Ghana
The Africa Library and Information Association, Ghana Library Association and KNUST will host the Africa convening from 11-14 February 2014 in Kumasi, Ghana. IFLA invites library associations in...
Event - 24 January 2014
- BSLA Latin America and Caribbean Convening in São Paulo, Brazil
The Brazilian Federation of Associations of Librarians, Scientists of the Information and Institutions (FEBAB) and Universidade de São Paulo will host the Latin America and...
Event - 24 January 2014
- ENSULIB Workshop at WLIC 2013
The Workshop, part of ENSULIB's "Green Library Day" is open to all IFLA participants who wish to play an active role (even if only for the duration of the Workshop) volunteering...
Event - 10 August 2013
Tags: Buildings, checklist, Environment, environmental education, Green, green libraries, guidelines, ifla publications, Singapore, Sustainability, Workshop, Workshops, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries
- International Workshop On Global Trends In Acquisition & Collection Development in Academic & Public Libraries
Please find all details regarding this ACD Workshop here.
Event - 21 May 2013
- One day training workshop in Singapore
[PDF] An IFLA Audiovisual and Multimedia Section workshop Objective This workshop will provide an introduction to audiovisual collections management and preservation....
Event - 19 May 2013
This is how it works: think of a challenging topic; record a video and explain your idea; upload it to YouTube (preferable); tag your video with IFLAcamp; be a part of IFLAcamp...
Event - 21 December 2011
- BOBCATSSS 2012 NPSIG workshop
This said, we are more than happy to offer you another exciting NPSIG workshop this year! OnWednesday, 25 Jan, 11:30-13:00, you are invited to explore the spirit of New Professionals with us...
Event - 21 December 2011
- Workshop on AV Collections for Non-Specialist Librarians
[PDF] This workshop will provide a basic introduction to all aspects of audiovisual collections management and preservation, in response to a felt need to equip the “forgotten people...
Event - 30 May 2011
- International Workshop
Organized by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, through the Global Centre for ICT in Parliament. The Workshop intends to respond to some of the challenges...
Event - 20 January 2011
- Library Statistics for Advocacy - A Capacity Building Workshop for Librarians and Library Associations
Whenever we communicate with politicians, funding bodies or library stakeholders, we need number, statistics and evidence to prove our point and underline our arguments. The workshop will...
Event - 27 April 2010
- New Professionals SIG workshop at BOBCATSSS 2010
from January 25 to 27, BOBCATSSS 2010 will take place in Parma, Italy. The New Professionals SIG will actively participate in the symposium by offering a workshop as well as a presentation. The...
Event - 18 January 2010
- Libraries as Transparency Institutions Workshop
Introduction Corruption, and the suppression of information that might help people to lighten the burden of corruption, is everywhere. No country is free of this. IFLA/FAIFE is delighted that...
Event - 16 September 2009
- Librarians on the Cat Walk: Communicating for Advocacy to Influence Policy and Practice
The programme will focus on Successful Advocacy Programmes, Communication and Promotion, Influencing the Political Agenda, Identifying the Right Arena for Advocacy, and Working with Media. ...
Event - 28 April 2009